When asked to “bring a salad” to a dinner party or if you’re in Brisbane more likely a BBQ, I opt for my fail-safe nutritious strawberry, lentil and hazelnut salad. Not only does it pair perfectly with most proteins it doesn’t go limp, brown or gluggy whilst waiting to be devoured, what more could you ask of a salad?
Strawberries are rife around the place at the moments, lentils are fibre rich and lets face it, hazelnuts require no convincing – so next time you’re stuck on what to bring, whip up my antioxidant rich recipe below!
Strawberry, Lentil and Hazelnut Salad
Serves 4 (as a side)
- 1 cup petite lentils
- ½ punnet fresh strawberries, diced/sliced
- ¼ cup coriander leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup hazelnuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp dill, chopped
- 1/3 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1-2 tbsp macadamia nut oil
- ½ tbsp. pomegranate molasses
- Pinch Murray River salt
- Crack of pepper
- Squeeze lemon juice
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes, optional
- Place lentils and 1 ½ cups vegetable stock/water in a saucepan, bring to the boil and simmer until lentils are tender (but not mushy), drain, set aside to cool
- In a small bowl mix all dressing ingredients, set aside
- In a large bowl, combine lentils, strawberries, coriander, dill, hazelnuts and goat cheese
- Drizzle over dressing and gently toss to combine, enjoy!
Enjoy! Casey Dick | Passionate Dedicated Natural Nutritionist | Brisbane, Australia