Two ingredients you will always in my fridge are organic free range eggs and good quality cheese! Both ingredients are quick and easy sources of proteins to add to meals or as I will show you below, make the base of meals.
- 300g fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 small mashed banana; or
- ½ cup frozen/fresh berries + 1-2 tsp honey
- 1 cup roasted vegetables (eg capsicum, pumpkin, sundried tomatoes)
- ¼ cup herbs of choice cut finely
- Pre-heat oven to 180C and line a small baking tray with paper or grease 1 ramekin
- Combine ricotta, egg and sweet or savoury option
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until lightly golden on top
- Remove from pan or ramekin once slightly cooled and slice
Eat on its own as a meal/snack, or if making the savoury version in a wrap or crumbled into a salad!
Haloumi Scrambled Eggs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- dash of milk
- ¼ cup haloumi cheese, grated
- herbs or choice chopped, optional
- In a bowl combine eggs, milk, herbs and haloumi cheese, mix well
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a frying pan, add mixture to the pan and scramble to your liking.
- Remove from pan and serve on toast, in a wrap or on a plate with avocado and rocket leaves.
A quick, protein rich breakfast to start the day or light meal combined with salad!
Casey Dick | Passionate Dedicated Natural Nutritionist | Brisbane, Australia, Dietary Nutritionist, Healthy Body and Mind Advocate, Natural Hormone Balance & Healthy Weight Loss, Natural Skin Health, Anorexia, Eating Disorder Recovery, Orthorexia, Thyroid, Non-dieting Approach, Gut Health, Nutritionist specialises in PCOS, Why can’t I lose weight, Weight Loss Resistance